Wednesday 8 June 2016

Packet #94 - Boots Shapers Rendang Curry Flavour Cracker

While half of my brothers are on honeymoon in Asia, I decided to indulge in a little Asian cuisine myself. This Rendang Curry flavour crisp is sweet, gingery, a bit salty and has a whisper of a spicy kick.

It is terrible.

Most of the crisps are lightly coated in the flavouring, which is a blessing as the flavouring is awful. When you have a sneaky one with tonnes of flavouring, it's a disaster. Very, very unpleasant.

Texture-wise, it's like eating hard styrofoam. According to the packet, these are made out of tapioca and cassava.  God knows what they're like in their raw form, but in this snack, they are a losing combination.

On taking a second look at the packet, I note that these are billed as 'crackers' as opposed to 'crisps'. That explains it. No crisp could ever be this unpalatable.

So, readers, I was duped by not fully reading the packet before I chomped and ended up with discounted, low fat crackers made by a chemist. Let this be a lesson to us all.

Next time, I won't be so hasty.

Christine 

No comments:

Post a Comment