Monday 16 May 2011

Packet #33 - Walkers Extra Crunchy Cheddar & Sour Cream

We're spoiled for choice in the Irish crisp market and it's not often I turn to Walkers while making my choice. Well it was a friday night and I was feeling adventurous when I walked into the crisp aisle. My mind was made up as soon as I saw the Cheddar & Sour Cream flavour.

Days before, a friend was talking about this particular flavour only in Pringle form, so I thought I had to try them. The crisps were a lovely full crunchy texture. They're thicker than your average crisp and it tells in the bite. While they packed a punch in the crunch factor, I was let down by the flavour. There was no consistency. Some crisps tasted of potato, others of cheddar and then some just of sour cream. I felt let down by Walkers. So much so I didn't finish the bag.

There are many fancy crisps in the market these days and if Walkers want their name to be up there they will have to improve the consistency of flavour.

Deano.

No comments:

Post a Comment