Friday 28 October 2011

Packet #53 Tyrrell's Worcester Sauce & Sundried Tomato

It's Tuesday, it's lunch time you've managed to avoid being flooded but you're still freezing cold and starving. What to do? Buy a massive bag (150g) of crisps of course. That's the easy part. The hard part is choosing which crisps to buy. I've found myself going for the usual staples recently, King, Might Munch, Meanies. All fine choices but not very helpful when you're trying to review every crisp in the land. So I found myself in a fancy supermarket and became indecisively engrossed in the selection of crisps, that was until my eye caught the bright orange pack of Tyrrell's Worcester Sauce & Sundried Tomato. Decision made.

A massive bag means massive crisps. The majority here were in tact and provided a good mouthful. I even plucked out a bunch of crisps which were trapped together by one monster crisp.The crunch, the flavour, the sensation. Amazing. Tyrrell's have made the decision to leave the jackets on while they hand cook their crisps, this adds an extra bite to the crunchiness. The crunch is strong and firm leaving you with the option to eat the pack crisp by crisp if you so wish. This pack however is all about the flavour. The sweetness of the sundried tomatoes blends brilliantly with the sharpness of the Worcester sauce. The subtle hints of pepper and spice  draw you back in for more of the sweet tangy tomato.

Overall a delightful experience and a fine choice of snack for any time of the day. You can see at the end of the pack it says 'excellent with a chunk of cheddar.' I didn't try that but I was thinking how good it would be  as I devoured the bag. I'm really looking forward to trying some of their ten other flavours and three different types of vegetable crisps. Well done Tyrrell's, England's greatest export since John Aldridge.

Deano.

No comments:

Post a Comment