Wednesday 11 April 2012

Packet #65 Terra Exotic Harvest Sweet Onion Vegetable Chips

Believe it or not, people love to travel to foreign countries. One of the friends of the blog, Christine, recently visited one of the most exciting places in all of the world -  New York City. Where she had an only splendid time by all accounts, did some shopping etc. However she also thought of Phibsboro's premiere crisp blog while away and brought home some exotic crisps! But did she do us a favour?

Opening the pack, I made a quite noticeable grimace, the crisps, they looked weird. Some were purple and others looked genuinely gone off. I gave a good whiff before proceeding any further, everything smelt okay. No need to panic. So I ate them, and it was a pleasant experience. Upon inspecting the bag I noticed that some crisps were infact carrots some blue potatoes and some were kabocha's (no idea what they are). The overall flavour was a sweet onion attempt - it was just fine. Each carrot, blue (?) potatoe and kabocha (no idea) were perfectly blended between onion and sweetness.

They say on the back of the pack that "this naturally colorful blend is a treat for both the palate and the eye" which is true I suppose, if you like looking at things that look a little bit grotty. To be honest I'm not sure what to make of Terra Erotic Exotic Harvest Sweet Onion Vegetable Chips, and if I'm ever fortunate enough to travel to the Windy Apple again I'll probably look at them, with some suspicion, and grab a bag of Cheetos.

Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment