Thursday 12 March 2020

Packet #109: Lays Thai Taste Shrimp Tom Yum Flavour

I picked these up for day 2 of the slow boat to Luang Prabang, a 9 hour boat journey so snacks are essential.

I had seen this flavour in shops  before but I’d been burned with the very disappointing seaweed flavour I’d tried so I’d been dragging my heels and my expectations were low.

I’ve never been happier to admit I was wrong.

They were a revelation! Slowly revealing the bouquet of flavours with each delicious bite. First the prawn, then the lemongrass, then the chilli...it was all there. A crisp to be savoured rather than devoured, and packing a very pleasing punch that lingers in your mouth after you’ve finished but will linger even longer in my memory.

I’d go as far as to say that, outside of the generally acknowledged standard crisp flavours, they’re the nicest tasting crisp I’ve ever had.

I only hope they’re readily salted available throughout the rest of SE Asia. Any crisp aficionados visiting the area in the future should make this their first port of call.

Seán

3 comments: