Tuesday 13 November 2012

Packet #79 Keogh's Roast Turkey & Secret Stuffing

This is my first post since August. I could say I was busy working or on holidays or looking for a new gaf but really and truly there's no excuse for it. I should be ashamed of myself. I'm not though, I've been off eating delicious, delicious crisps and that's what really matters.

So November is gas. You've got a mixture of people either overly excited for the Chrimbo, those who absolutely hate the mention of it and then the rest of us who don't really think about it all that much. And then you've got the clever clogs at Keoghs who plan ahead and bring out a seasonal celebration of crisps.

I must admit I was slightly sceptical about the flavour at first glance but then I remembered this was a pack of Keoghs and ripped them right open. The smell of a hearty roast full of spices and herbs walloped me in the nostrils and invited me to tuck in. The crunch is as fantastic and consistent as always and the flavour, well I think that deserves a sentence of its own. The turkey stands out at first but then you're hit by all of the flavoursome deliciousness of the secret stuffing piece by piece. It's as if umami is doing a little winter jig all over your tongue.

Now I've no idea what's in this secret stuffing but I do know this, I'll be sneaking up to Oldtown on Christmas Day for a good helping of it. Well actually I'll probably just fill my plate with these crisps rather than be an oddball stalker who gets arrested on Christmas.

Deano.

No comments:

Post a Comment