Tuesday 3 March 2020

Packet #107: Tayto Beef Stew


These limited edition Tayto are the talk of the town. Last week I reviewed Bacon & Cabbage and today I had three choices. Cook dinner, clean up the pile of clothes mounting up in my hallway or eat a pack of Tayto Beef Stew.

A wise UN worker and Crisp fan once told me that just before you cook dinner is a great time for a package of Crisps. With that in mind, I decided to bridge the dinner gap with this innovative bag. Just don't ask about the clothes...

Usually when I’m reviewing a Crisp, I take a good look at the packet and smell them first. Not this time. I ripped open the pack and took a big bite.

The first thing that hits you is the strong beef taste. And that’s alright by me because I like a beef Crips. Hula Hoops, McCoy’s, they’re all staples in my Crisping diet. So I’m delighted to try another flavour.

Do you know what though? Beef isn’t the only flavour going on here. There’s a slight sweet vegetabley tang to them. I think there could be a hint of onion and perhaps even tomato. I dunno exactly what it is, but I like it.

Right, I suppose now I should give them a smell. They smell like a straight up beef Crisp. Grand. Although I’d say they could be the kind of Crisp that lingers on your breath and on your person in general for a while after you eat them.

The consistency in this bag of Crisps is all over the place, flavourwise. Some are really punchy, while some seem to be looked over entirely by the flavour shaker. I’m the sort of person who likes a surprise really strong Crisp, so I don’t mind this at all. In fact, I welcome it. But if you prize uniformity of Crisp flavour, maybe this isn’t a packet for you.

Now for the question on everyone’s mind. Are Tayto Beef Stew better than Tayto Bacon & Cabbage?

In a word, yes.

Christine

2 comments:

  1. There's a definite hint of carrot off these ones

    ReplyDelete



  2. Thanks For Post which have lot of knowledge and informataion thanks.... Crisp Crack

    ReplyDelete